The New York Chiropractic Council's Mission Statement
The New York Chiropractic Council`s mission is to direct people to the realization that healing comes from within; and that ultimately the promotion of health and wellness is superior to the treatment of disease.
The New York Chiropractic Council's Core Values
- We recognize and respect a universal intelligence (or order) in all matter and an innate intelligence within a living organism that strives to promote health and vitality. If uninhibited, this intelligence will express optimal wellbeing.
- We recognize that the practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the neural system) and the role of that relationship in the restoration and promotion of health.
- We recognize that subluxations compromise the expression of innate intelligence, and that assisting in the prevention and reduction of subluxations will facilitate and promote the expression of optimal health.
- We are passionately committed to the individual’s holistic well being and emphasize that the inherent recuperative power of the body has the ability to heal, without the use of drugs, surgery or other invasive procedures.
- We respect the value and the importance of intellectual honesty, scientific and academic excellence and the adherence of integrity in serving the individual, the community and the profession.
The New York Chiropractic Council's Purpose
The purpose of the COUNCIL is to promote the basic philosophy, science and art of chiropractic. The COUNCIL has been formed as well for the following reasons:
- To protect the welfare of its members to practice chiropractic without compromise, and with parity and respect;
- To protect the public`s ability to receive chiropractic without prejudice, ridicule or financial penalty from any individual, group or profession;
- To conduct educational seminars, lectures and meetings within the profession and the public in accordance with our stated objectives;
- To keep chiropractic separate and distinct from all other professions;
- To foster inter-professional relations based upon mutual respect and a clear understanding of the basic Philosophy, Science and Art of Chiropractic.